Wednesday 5 March 2014

Textiles Work


Below are just some examples of my textiles work many of which are still in progress. I have included hand made samples using screen printing and digital pieces that will be printed on to material in order for me to make my caftan collection. I like to work in layers with my textiles prints creating depth. 

Here is a short design process of how I created a repeat digital print. I began using imagery of flowers and plants I photographed myself, these were then edited in Photoshop using 'adjustments' tools and placed with other images of mine I have edited in the same way. 




Once I had my desired print I repeated and mirrored it as seen below. 



Below is another photograph taken by myself, I used the same process as above to create digital prints. 


This is a repeat pattern I created using my edited version of the photo above and others. 


Below is a mirrored version 


Below are more digital prints I have created by editing using Photoshop my own photographs and working in layers.



Below are some of my print samples many still in progress all of which have been done through different processes and using different dyes and materials, many I have hand dyed the material first myself. 



             














No comments:

Post a Comment