Saturday 15 February 2014

Textiles

For my Textiles work my idea is to create nature inspired prints as a large wall hanging and possibly displayed on to loose clothing. Throughout my project I have researched designers who also looks at nature in their work. I aim to continue creating a strong design process, researching, drawing, designing and experimenting using a variety of techniques creating samples. I aim to continue experimenting with prints on a variety of fabrics observing what works well and what doesn’t. I will also work on top of the samples already created and continue to work and develop my digital prints.  I aim to have a collection of physical prints, varying in processors developing layers of hand printed pieces and digitally printed prints creating large wall hanging pieces. 

Research 

For my textiles research I have looked at a variety of artists and designers that use similar techniques and nature inspired imagery in their prints in which I am interested. Below is a link to my Pinterest Textiles Research board. I have also featured below some prints and designers that I find inspirational that help me to continue to design and develop my own work. 


Louise Tiler 

I often use Louise Tiler's work as inspiration for my own. I like the imagery she uses, her soft fluid forms are almost dreamlike. I also like how she works in layers and uses a soft pastel colour palette, although with my own work I prefer bright vibrant colours.  







Laura Olivia 

I like how she contrast colour and drawings in her prints, some fine lines and other block prints. I also like her imagery, that she works in layers and how subtle her designs are. 












No comments:

Post a Comment